Position Description: Lube Technician
Position Summary: Lube Technician is responsible for performing lube related services for customers in a professional and efficient fashion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Devote himself/herself to insuring satisfaction to customers.
- Determine management, production and quality requirements by asking questions and listening.
- Attend company meetings as required.
- Maintain a follow-up system that encourages follow through with assigned projects.
- Establish personal performance goals that are consistent with company standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the business and keep abreast of technology changes in products and services.
- Know and understand the federal, state and local requirements which govern the company’s business.
- Follow lawful directions from supervisors.
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures.
- Participate in performance management.
- Interact well with others and be a positive influence on employee morale.
- Uphold the company’s non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements.
- Work evening, weekend, and holiday work hours as required.
- Performs lube oil filter services in a professional manner and performs vehicle inspections as required.
- Provide excellent customer service for all customers whether external and internal, specifically offering dependable vehicle service.
- Maintains equipment in good working condition and maintains the work area in a safe, clean and organized manner.
- Receive service assignments from the service writer or service manager.
- Have the 'lube' work finished within the allotted time. Set goals, develop skills and constantly increase efficiency skill level.
- Maintain a clean, efficient work area and assist in keeping the shop neat and organized.
- Make sure the proper paperwork is completed and filed after every job completion.
- Keep your technical qualifications current by finishing any required training programs.
- Take care that the vehicle is cleaner when the job is completed than when the customer dropped it off.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Educational: High school diploma or the equivalent.
Special Skills (i.e., licenses, certifications, etc.): Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Professional personal appearance. Excellent communication skills. Ability to meet company's production and quality standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Lube Technician will be required to move throughout the company facility throughout the shift, and may spend time outdoors in the weather and elements. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods, walk, bend/twist/stoop, kneel/squat, lift over 50 lbs., and reach overhead.
THE ABOVE DECLARATIONS ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE AN “ALL-INCLUSIVE” LIST OF THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB DESCRIBED OR OF THE SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE JOB. RATHER, THEY ARE INTENDED ONLY TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB.
Signature (Employee) Date
Signature (Supervisor) Date